Ducks Unlimited Member Forums

Eukanuba Different Brands

Posted 5/31/2013 1:17:16 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3 hours ago
What is everyone’s option or experience with Eukanuba’s Premium Performace or Retriever brand. I’m current giving my 1.5 yr Eukanuba Adult 1+ Large Breed. Is this more marketing than anything?
Post #772840
Add to Twitter Add to Facebook
 Posted 5/31/2013 9:20:38 PM

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:46:43 PM
Like every other Eukanuba product, it's essentially junk. Way too much corn in it for my liking and for the money you could spend on this "so-so" food, you could feed something much higher quality like Diamond Naturals or Taste of the Wild.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/eukanuba-dog-food-premium-performance/

"When you hear my third shot.....that's your signal to take 'em."
-Phil Robertson
Post #772847
 Posted 6/7/2013 3:37:16 PM

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:51:12 AM
[quote]flannel (5/31/2013)
Like every other Eukanuba product, it's essentially junk. Way too much corn in it for my liking and for the money you could spend on this "so-so" food, you could feed something much higher quality like Diamond Naturals or Taste of the Wild.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/eukanuba-dog-food-premium-performance/[/quote] I wouldn't put too much faith into that website.  It is the opinion of one person with no education or experience in canine nutrition.  The ratings are based on bad assumptions. Jeff, if you are happy with the food and the dog is doing good on it that should be enough.  I feed my working dog the performance(30-20), we train most days and she is in good shape.  If I am not training I just reduce the amount of food.
Post #772936
 Posted 6/9/2013 12:02:52 PM

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:46:43 PM
TCFarmer (6/7/2013)
flannel (5/31/2013)

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/eukanuba-dog-food-premium-performance/
 I wouldn't put too much faith into that website.  It is the opinion of one person with no education or experience in canine nutrition.  The ratings are based on bad assumptions. Jeff, if you are happy with the food and the dog is doing good on it that should be enough.  I feed my working dog the performance(30-20), we train most days and she is in good shape.  If I am not training I just reduce the amount of food.

I agree, however the abundance of corn alone is enough to question the quality of this particular food. Corn has no nutritional value to dogs and is simply a filler. Why feed your dog fillers that just get passed through and may cause gastrointestinal distress in the meantime??????? Doesn't make sense!

"When you hear my third shot.....that's your signal to take 'em."
-Phil Robertson
Post #772941
 Posted 6/18/2013 9:13:46 PM

Last Login: 9/5/2013 4:29:16 PM
I feed my dogs the rachel ray nutrish. Also look up Taste Of the Wild. They are grain free and different blends are good for high energy dogs. There is a high plains kind of the TOW for puppies too. Just a word of advice when going from the high corn food to the other is usually going to upset your dogs stomach. as with changing any dog food. just blend it with the old until its fully switched to the new.
Post #773006