Mojo duck or not?

http://ducks.org/news-media/messageboards/Topic774735.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By DoubleShotBanks - 11/12/2013 10:43:48 PM
Hello,
Me and my dad hunt a lot, and we always love early season becayse the teal and woodies here in iowa suck right up to the MOJO duck.
Now its late season and i have noticed people still use them, and one hunter pulled all the northern ducks away from our full spread to his 4 decoy spread and a baby mojo.
My dad has always said he doesn't use the mojo late season or with northern ducks becayse they have seen it before and always flair off of it. 
Is this true? 
Isaac and Banks
By Amish Amy - 11/13/2013 2:35:04 PM
Apparently not if the guy pulled the ducks away from your spread.   I use them sparingly in the later season never on open water just small creeks that don't freeze and draw ducks in.  i also use them in fields where for some reason they draw ducks better than open water
By Duck_Slayer_15 - 12/11/2013 12:36:05 PM
I use my mojos damn near every hunt, the key from what I have seen is late season I set them up on the edge of my decoys or use my tall poles to get them above the corn. Sometimes I have to take them down, If I have them Id try em out and see how they do and you can always take them down. Anything to catch the eyes of ducks is great a jerg rig works wonders to.